- Note that compass points relate to the in-game map, not real-life Marin County
Starfleet Academy is the collective name of Starfleet's training facilities located in San Francisco, Earth. It was officially established in 2161, with the main grounds located in Marin County. To the southwest of the academy is the Golden Gate Bridge, whilst to the south across the strait lies Starfleet Headquarters, the Presidio, and downtown San Francisco. The Academy motto is Ex Astris, Scientia meaning "from the stars, knowledge."
Its counterpart is the 2409-era Starfleet Academy.
Located to the southeast of the academy grounds and cannot currently be accessed.
Requisitions - Building 2
The main building is located to the east, and is home to: the Club 602 (north), the Armory, Holodeck 2, and the Office (south).
- A memorial plaque dedicated to deceased Star Trek Online developer Mark Valentine.
After completing “Reporting In”:
- Bridge Officer Training
- Ground Equipment Vendor (23rd century)
- Ship Manager
- Customize Ship
- Ship Equipment Vendor (23rd century)
Off-limits and cannot currently be accessed.
These services often available at player hubs, are not available at this location:
- Bank (however Account-Shared Bank is available on starship Bridge that is accessible from this location)
Located to the south of the academy grounds and cannot currently be accessed.
Located to the southwest of the academy grounds and cannot currently be accessed.
Administration - Northwest Circular Building
- Commandant Marx
- Admiral Kensington's office
- Lieutenant T'Siln
- Captain Anton Schaefer's office (only during “Graduation Day”)
Seen and referenced cadets during 2256 include;
- James T. Kirk
- Ian Kwon
- Gerry Lifeson
- Evelyn Savea
- Sylvia Tilly
- “Gradution Day”: New Federation players begin their career on the Starfleet Academy grounds on the day of their graduation in 2256.
- “Reporting In”: The player meets with Admiral Kensington following the events of the tutorial.
- "Discover New Adventures This Fall": In 2256, three days after the Battle of the Binary Stars, Starfleet captain and Academy instructor Anton Schaefer contemplates the nature of the new Federation-Klingon conflict and its effect on his cadets.
- The apparent location of the Academy grounds is actually in Marin County, slightly to the north of the City of San Francisco, on the opposite side of the Golden Gate Strait. (Marin County and the City of San Francisco occupy the two peninsulas which separate San Francisco Bay from the Pacific Ocean, and which are linked by the Golden Gate Bridge.) This explains why the city is visible at the far (southern) end of the Golden Gate Bridge in-game. (That the visible, farther end of the Bridge is the south end can also be recognized by the mass on the shoreline slightly below and to the left of the Bridge, which is probably Fort Point.) However, the compass points given earlier in this article, as well as the orientation of the in-game map, are not consistent with this fact.
- Starfleet Academy (Earth) at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- 602 Club at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.