The Swarm Tactics space set consists of three consoles:
- [Console - Universal - Amplifying Ravager Beam]
- [Console - Universal - Energy Nullifier Disperser]
- [Console - Universal - Nullifying Tractor Field]
These consoles are equippable on any playable faction vessels. They can be put into any console slot.
Console - Universal - Amplifying Ravager Beam
+0-6 Weapon Power Setting, scales up as power setting decreases
- For 5 seconds, to foes directly infront of you:
- * _____ Kinetic Damage 5 times per sec
- 2 min recharge
While it seems originally intended as a high-powered ore extraction tool, this highly powerful device has since been amplified and strengthened beyond all reason for use as a tool, and is now merely a force of great destruction. While active, your ship will channel extreme amounts of energy through and out of your ship, causing severe kinetic damage to anything caught in the path for the duration.
This console provides a passive boost to your Weapon Power and Phaser Weapon Damage.
Console - Universal - Energy Nullifier Disperser
- (Improves Control Effects / Resistance to Same)
The Console - Universal - Energy Nullifier Disperser is obtained from the Hur'q Vedcrid Hive Dreadnought Carrier (Special Requisition Choice Pack - Tier 6 Promotional Ship Choice Pack, Cross-Faction Tier 6).
Upon activation, dozens of tiny energy signatures are ejected into space around the vessel, confusing targeting sensors into firing upon the resilient spheres of barely-contained phased-harmonic energy. These energy signatures nullify nearly all wavelengths of energy directed at them, absorbing stray shots from enemy weapons. They will seek out nearby enemy ships and detonate after a few seconds, dealing Phaser damage in a small area. While each Nullifier's damage is individually small, they follow Hur'q design mentality by making up for this in sheer numbers.
This console provides as passive bonus to Physical Damage Resistance Rating, Kinetic Damage Resistance Rating, Drain Expertise Skill, and Control Expertise Skill.
Console - Universal - Nullifying Tractor Field
+0 - 6 Auxiliary Power Setting, scales up as power setting decreases
- ____ Kinetic Damage twice per second for 10 sec (ignores shields)
- Significantly reduces Turn Rate and Flight Speed for 10 sec
- Disables Cloaking
- Floods the area around the target with Energy Nullifiers
- 2 min recharge
- Special Ability: Nullifying Tractor Field
The Nullifying Tractor Field is based on the same widespread technology used in Tractor Beams, but is significantly different in implementation and output. These differences appear to stem from the single-mindedness of the design of the Nullifying field as a weapon - it lacks safety measures that make the beam precisely wrap around its target and some of the precision on how the force is applied, making it much more effective at ensuring a ship stops, and much less effective about keeping it in good condition afterwards. Additionally, activating this surprisingly destructive field will flood the target with Energy Nullifiers, which will further harass the target and distract its targeting systems.
This console also provides passive bonuses to Auxiliary Power and Maximum Hit Points.
- Skills that affect this ability:
- Exotic Particle Generator - Improves Exotic Damage
- Control Expertise - Improves Control Effects/Resistance to Same.
For each item added after the first, an additional power is available.
Set 2: Coordinated Maneuvers
- +10% Flight Speed
- +10% Flight Turn Rate
Set 3: Unified Targeting
- Affects Friends and Self (20 max)
- +1 - 20% All Damage (Based on number of allies with the same target)
- +1 - 20 Accuracy Rating (Based on number of allies with the same target)