I think each specialization should have it's own page because Cryptic plans to add many more. Each page will have more room to add more information. A screenshot of the unlock list should be added, detailing what is unlocked after spending your points. Also some of the unlocks, especially the starship traits, can be described more thoroughly. The title for the page should be "Captain Specialization: Intelligence", "Captain Specialization: Commando", etc.
@Tiberius7picard, 10:20 EST, 2014-10-30
Thanks for your comment; your opinion and participation in improving this page are greatly appreciated. I agree that this is a good plan in general, and once we have more information in the Wiki on each specialization I do intend to split this page. However, for now it's more beneficial to have a single central place where participants can go to get the nutshell information and add upon it. The alternative would be spreading it over what would currently be 4 stubs. I do intend to add more information once I have some free time and I'm not too tired to write properly (and if someone else beats me to it - even better :D ) and then revise the structure. -- Wolf-de-Lyon (talk) 01:04, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
- Agreed. Until the page gets too big, we should keep it together. --Akirasensei (talk) 10:25, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
Separate pages for each specialization[edit source]
Hi all. After seeing what a great job RadioActivitii did with the new Reputation System pages, I decided to take a little break from my work on Klingon playable ship pages to try and create a separate page for each Specialization. This is the result: User:PiralDorrm/Test
I've separated content into four parts: a short introduction, tier overview, specialization bridge officer with info about boff abilities and a short description of Intelligence starships. Lots of this information was already available on the wiki, but was all over the place. This new page layout will allow visitors to find all the information they need on one page.
Please take a look and tell me what you think. If you have any suggestions, something you think should be added/removed, write it down here and I'll make some changes. Thanks! --PiralDorrm (talk) 20:15, 13 June 2019 (UTC)
- Looks good, an improvement over what we currently have. There are also some Intel spec pages across wiki that could have a link present on the new page: Officer Training School/Intelligence Training Manuals (available after investing 22 spec points), Kit#Intelligence Kit Modules and Dilithium Store/Intel Modules. For example, under Tier Overview - instead of linking to Kit, it could go directly to related section. --Damixon (talk) 20:53, 13 June 2019 (UTC)
- I love it! I've always felt strange linking to the big specialization page we have now, and this solves it while also looking great. DanPMK (talk) 03:51, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
↑ 2020 supplemental[edit source]
I think we should change the way captain specialization pages are named. Currently they have "Specialization" prefix (e.g. Specialization: Constable), which is also present on the duty officer specializations pages (e.g. Specialization: Advisor). This way the same prefix covers two different topics so I think we could just remove the prefix for captain specs (e.g. Constable), or add a "specialization" as a suffix (e.g. Constable specialization). Any opinions on this? Thanks. --Damixon (talk) 10:37, 23 September 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, I'd either do "Constable", "Constable (specialization)" or "Constable (Captain Specialization)" or something if we wanna keep a parenthetical affix. DanPMK (talk) 03:23, 29 September 2020 (UTC)
- How does this look: Miracle Worker specialization? or would adding brackets look better: Miracle Workeet (specialization)? --Damixon (talk) 18:21, 15 October 2020 (UTC)
- I'm with Dan here, I prefer spec in parenthesis. SFC3 (talk) 20:10, 16 October 2020 (UTC)