Active power descriptions
This template currently works on the assumption that the very short power description displayed in a list of doffs (i.e. the left side of your Duty Officers roster) is identical to the first line of the full description displayed in the doff's details (i.e. the right side of your Duty Officers roster). If that was valid at one time, it is no longer the case for most specializations.
I am updating the template to show the "game description" only in the floating infobox (as it currently does), and to only show the "effect" in the property list (removing the "game description" from there). I will be updating the specialization pages with the full "effect" description to reflect this. (Most of them need a numbers update anyway, which is what got me looking at this in the first place.) —Dr Ishmael 02:19, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
- Upon further investigation, I see that I had not grasped the problem correctly. The "game description" and the "effect" were, in combination, the full description shown in the doff's details. What I will now call the short description (shown in doff lists) was completely missing.
- SO, what I will do now is add the "short description" to the specializations, and modify this template to display the "short description" in the infobox and BOTH "game description" and "effect" in the properties list.
- Sigh. —Dr Ishmael 02:53, 21 April 2012 (UTC)
- Gah, I just can't win. (This is how my projects on GuildWiki generally go...)
- The "game description" part of the full description sometimes includes a variable, like both versions of Conn Officer. So it looks like I'll have to stick to the original idea after all. —Dr Ishmael 03:08, 21 April 2012 (UTC)