By 2410, they had close relations to the Krenim Imperium for several years, and assisted the Krenim after the Imperium fell to the Vaadwaur Supremacy. One member of their species, Clauda, assisted the Delta Alliance in the construction of a Krenim weapon. With her help, research teams came up with a tactic which would delay the arrival of the Iconians for 700 years.
In the 2390s, most of the Tuterians became assimilated by the Borg Collective. After failed experiments with Solanae technology, which changed them drastically at a molecular level, survivors fled into subspace.
Changed forever, Tuterians started searching for ways to make Normal Space habitable for them again. They started constructing large Spheres in an effort to reconfigure space. As a result, they've become known as Sphere Builders. ( “Time and Tide”)
In their pursuit of a way home, Sphere Builders devastated whole universes and exterminated millions of species. In order to protect sphere networks from enemy attacks, they often employed local races, such as Xindi and Klingons, as proxy-forces. During their experiments, they were contacted by an "Envoy" who recruited them into the Temporal Liberation Front. Assuring them that the Galactic Union was behind their plight, the Sphere Builders joined forces with him.
With the Envoy's assistance, the Sphere Builders were able to start reconfiguring their own universe, sending a large number of spheres thousands of years into the past, which would start forming an area of space that would soon become known as the Delphic Expanse.
Wanting to assure that the Temporal Liberation Front wins in a decisive battle at Procyon V, the Sphere Builders tried to manipulate the Xindi from the 22nd century into destroying Earth. They believed that without Earth, the Galactic Union would never be formed. Their plan failed, as the United Earth Captain Jonathan Archer managed to assure the Xindi that the Sphere Builders were not their protectors, but a threat for the whole universe. He managed to destroy their sphere network and to prevent them from gaining a foothold in normal space.
A similar event took place in the Kelvin Timeline, where local Starfleet forces, assisted by vessels from the original timeline, ended Sphere Builder experiments by bringing down the Command Sphere. ( “Terminal Expanse”)
- “Terminal Expanse”: A Sphere Builder in the Kelvin Timeline revealed that few Tuterians escaped to dimensional void, became Sphere Builders studying different quantum realms and trying to undo their extinction.
- “Butterfly”: Clauda is a female Tuterian scientist who assists the Iconian Resistance with developing the K.I.S. Annorax. The mission inadvertently results in a new timeline in which the Tuterians failed to adapt Solanae technology to save themselves from assimilation by the Borg Collective, rendering them extinct by 2410 and causing Clauda to be erased from the timeline.
- “Time and Tide”: Noye, flanked by two Tuterians, attacks the signing of the Temporal Accords. He had found Clauda's logs which had been temporally shielded, and which also say that she was pregnant with his child. Blaming the Alliance for erasing his wife and unborn child from the timeline, he seeks to restore the Tuterians.
- “The Battle of Procyon V”: Sphere Builders, assisted by other Temporal Liberation Front members, clash with Galactic Union forces at Procyon V.
- “Temporal Reckoning”: Three Sphere Builders are present at a Temporal Liberation Front meeting at New Khitomer. They leave with the rest of the members, leaving Krog and Boratus to deal with the enemy.
- “Ragnarok”: Sphere Builders defend their Sphere Network from the Galactic Union attack at Procyon V.
- "Pandora's Gift": Romal, a Sphere Builder engineer, attempts to disrupt his people's experiments, but is quickly arrested. Placed on trial, he argues that destroying entire universes in their efforts to return home is unethical, but is quickly convicted for his crimes. With the help of his mate Kiwak, Romal escapes to the Delphic Expanse in 2410, and sets course for the Sol System in hopes of finding asylum.
With some assistance from the individual known as the Envoy, the Sphere Builders became masterful manipulators over space and time. Forced to fight for survival, they used that knowledge to build powerful vessels which could protect their sphere networks from Galactic Union attacks. Equipped with modified antiproton and chroniton weaponry, as well as wide range of temporally-oriented abilities, these vessels are capable of defeating any foe that crosses their path.
- Prior to the release of the Sphere Builder Lock Box, Sphere Builder vessels utilized standard Antiproton Beam Arrays.
|Details||Sphere Builders • Alternate Delphic Expanse • Command Sphere • Procyon V|
|Starships||Arehbes Frigate • Arehbes Shockwave Frigate • Edoulg Cruiser • Edoulg Combat Cruiser • Denuos Battleship|
|NPCs||Clauda • Contact • Primary|
Factions by Quadrant
|α||Breen Confederacy • Cardassian Union • Deferi • Drantzuli • Federation (Starfleet) • Ferengi Alliance • Kentari Union • Lukari Concordium • Na'kuhl • Tholian Assembly • True Way Alliance • Tzenkethi Coalition|
|β||Federation (Starfleet • DSC Starfleet • TOS Starfleet) • Gorn Hegemony • Iconian • Klingon Empire (Klingon Defense Force) • Klingon Empire Rebels • Klingons (2256) • Nausicaan • Orion Syndicate • Romulan Republic • Romulan Star Empire • Reman Resistance • Son'a • Vulcan|
|γ||Dominion • Fek'Ihri Horde • Hur'q|
|Δ||Automated Personnel Unit • Benthan • Borg Collective • The Cooperative • Bluegill • Hazari • Hierarchy • Hirogen • Kazon • Kobali • Krenim • Malon • Ocampa • Octanti • Talaxian • Turei • Tuterian • Vaadwaur Supremacy • Voth|
|Others||Creatures • Devidian • Elachi • Terran Empire • Undine (Species 8472) • Vorgon|