Starfleet (25th century)
Starfleet players start out as a cadet at Starfleet Academy. They are subsequently assigned to their first training cruise aboard a Miranda-class Light Cruiser, commanded by Captain Masc Taggart. In “Training Cruise”, the player, as first officer, is given the task to take the ship out of spacedock and onto their destination. En route, the ship receives an automated distress call from the S.S. Break Even and the ship takes a detour to assist. However, the distress call is actually the catalyst for a Borg attack. Eventually, the Borg are repelled, but at the cost of Captain Taggart, who is abducted and later assimilated.
The player subsequently receives a field promotion to acting Lieutenant by Admiral Janeway aboard the U.S.S. Voyager, and is put in temporary command of the ship as the Borg launch an invasion of Vega IX after passing through the Pollux System. The player assists in the temporary defense and eventual evacuation of the colony, saving the assimilated Taggart in the process. With Captain Taggart currently out of commission, Admiral Quinn at Earth Spacedock confirms the player's previous field promotion to Lieutenant and permanently places the starship under her/his command.
- Captain Masc Taggart (Denobulan commanding officer)
- Cadet "Number One" (First officer, player)
- Cadet Elisa Flores (Human tactical officer)
- Cadet T'Vrell (Vulcan communications & science officer)
- Cadet Zarva (Bolian chief engineering officer)
- Cadet Morek (Benzite assistant medical officer)
- Cadet Razkii (Saurian security officer)
- Cadet Anne Potter (Human conn officer)
- Cadet R'raak (Caitian transporter operator)
- Cadet Asher Moss (Human science officer)
- Cadet Rosark (Human security officer)
- Cadet Anthony Wright (Human acting chief of operations)
- Cadet Garab Zareth
- Cadet Scott Nokes
- Cadet T'Kira
- The Federation tutorial was completely revamped with the release of Season Eight: The Sphere.
- The original intro sequence depicted the player's ship as a Miranda-class frigate labeled U.S.S. Miranda NCC-1805-B, regardless of the vessel's actual class, name and registry.
Klingon Empire players start out as the second officer serving aboard a B'rel-class Bird-of-Prey commanded by Captain Jurlek. In “End of Watch”, the ship rendezvous with the I.K.S. Seg'pa, which hands Federation prisoner Franklin Drake over to them. After the U.S.S. Musashi suddenly attacks both ships, the player learns of Cpt. Jurlek's treasonous plan to deliberately let the prisoner be freed. After first officer Doran is killed by Jurlek, the player challenges and kills the latter, thereby rightfully gaining command of the vessel. After the Musashi is destroyed, the prisoner is handed over to the authorities in the First City on Qo'noS.
- Captain Jurlek (Klingon commanding officer)
- Commander Doran (Klingon first officer)
- Second officer (player)
- Lieutenant K'Gan (Klingon third officer)
- Security Chief Kelor
- This vessel appears in a cutscene in “Manhunt”, even if the player replays the mission using a different starship.
The player starts as a citizen of an independent Romulan farming colony on Virinat. After the colony is attacked by the Elachi and the Tal Shiar in “Virinat, Invaded”, the player escapes and takes command of a T'liss Light Warbird formerly commanded by Malem. In “Flight from Virinat”, the player then assists in the evacuation of colonists from Virinat and is briefly confronted by Hakeev, who flees after losing an eye during a short fight. The player then joins D'Tan and his Romulan Republic forces at the Romulan Flotilla.
- Commander Malem (former commanding officer)
- Nevala (former first officer)
- D'Vex (former chief engineering officer)
- Commanding officer (player)
- Tovan Khev (first officer)
- Captain Isaac Garrett (Human commanding officer)
- First officer (player)
- Ensign Tarsi (Andorian tactical officer)
- Ensign Mears (Human mission specialist)
- Ensign Skavrin (Tellarite engineering officer)
- Ensign T'Met (Vulcan science officer)
- Ensign Okamura
- Crewman Flores
- Crewman Skial
As Dominion players start at level 60, the Jem'Hadar Escort is a starting ship but not strictly a tutorial ship. The player begins as the ships First (Captain), and unlike the other ships it is a Tier 5 ship with Mk XII gear, rather than a Tier 1 with Standard Issue gear.
- First (player)
- Second Eko'Ixtan (Tactical officer)
- Third Rem'Taral (Science officer)
- Third Metama'Kagal (Chief engineering officer)
- Fourth Virak'Agar
- Fifth Ixso'Rax
- Fifth Tomak'talan
- Fifth Vorso'kax
Similarly to 25th century characters, a Discovery-era character begin as a senior cadet at Starfleet Academy preparing for their training cruise aboard a light cruiser - a Malachowski-class vessel - commanded by a veteran captain, Anton Schaefer. Their cruise to Vulcan is similarly interrupted by a distress call, from the S.S. Fortuna commanded by Cyrano Jones, and the subsequent battle with Klingon forces results in the death of the captain, leaving the player in command of the ship. They receive a battlefield promotion from another senior captain, Thy'kir Shran of the U.S.S. Sebrova, which is formalized by Admiral Kensington upon the ship's return to Earth.
- Captain Anton Schaefer (Human commanding officer)
- Cadet "XO" (First officer, player)
- Cadet Sylvia Tilly (Human chief engineering officer)
- Cadet Evelyn Savea (Human tactical officer)
- Cadet Tamav (Vulcan engineering officer)
- Cadet Keero (Alien chief medical officer)
- Cadet Ian Kwon (Human communications officer)
- Cadet Gerry Lifeson (Human chief security officer)
- Cadet Desmond (Human transporter officer)
- Cadet Irez (Alien helm officer)