Need to contact me? Leave a message on my user profile!
- 1 Wiki to-do list
- 2 My characters
Wiki to-do list
- Have Template:Shiptypeinfo automatically assign primary spec ships to appropriate categories, probably based on their Cmdr boff slot.
- Ensure all crew and non-scaling hull values are removed.
- Make all the ship classes transclude ala Starship class/KDF
- Rollout Template:Specialization seating on the Romulan ships.
- The following would require editing nearly every ship page again and so should all be done at once:
- General category cleanup on ship articles.
- Roll Template:Cruiser commands section out to all applicable pages.
- Roll Template:Singularity out to all applicable pages (lower tier warbirds).
- Automate hangar bays, perhaps by moving the hangar equips into Template:Shiptypeinfo.
- Get the Admiralty ship into a side-template underneath the infobox (and class box if applicable). Make sure it looks good on mobile, like the current template. Would require removing the current admiralty template from all pages once made.
- Find some way to get all ships on one page without having too many includes (DPL?)
- Find and implement a good way to show boffs in a sortable fashion. Maybe in playableshipsbytype, maybe not.
- Make a boff calculator
- Add Mastery package to shiptypeinfo and add some way to sort by this
Figured I might as well make this list. They're listed in order of how often I play them, and therefore, how well-equipped they are.
|Focus \ Faction|
|Phaser||Pi of Tau||tbd||Zhvok||Dolala'Bryn|
|Disruptor||Em'Kei||Pi of tajvaj||Pbaerrhen||Shab'Halada|
|Plasma||Koris||Yajako||Pi of Tau Dewa||Och'shea|
|Proton||Entei||Touseishu||Pi of tajvaj Dewa||Tiro'goran|
|Chopping Block||Sypek, Lui, Mud, Nathan|
|Phaser|| Pi of Tau
|Disruptor|| Pi of tajvaj
Pi of Tau Dewa
|Hull Tank||Marrdrex||Terdrex||Avoid Tank|| Patadrex|
|Shield Tank||Bonedrex||Raddrex||Engineering|| Zhinsek|
|Chopping Block||Sypek, Lui, Mud, Nathan|
|~ Delta Rising & Victory is Life ~|
|10||Liberated Borg Human||Pi of Tau||Phaser & Radiation damage, Quantum projectiles||Pi of Tau's build|
|11||Liberated Borg Klingon||Pi of tajvaj||Disruptor damage & Radiation, Photon projectiles||Pi of tajvaj's build|
|12||Liberated Borg Romulan||Pi of Tau Dewa||Plasma damage & Radiation, Plasma projectiles||tbd|
|13||Liberated Lib. Borg Romulan||Pi of tajvaj Dewa||tbd||tbd|
|54||Jem'Hadar Vanguard||Pi of Tau Hebitia||tbd||tbd|
|55||Jem'Hadar Vanguard||Pi of tajvaj Hebitia||Polaron||tbd|
|~ Delta and Gamma counterparts ~|
|01||Alien||Em'Kei||Disruptor damage & Radiation, Quantum projectiles||tbd|
|~ Agents of Yesterday toons ~|
|35||Human||Lui||Specs., EPG, cross-faction ships||tbd|
|~ Felinoids ~|
|07||Caitian||Raikou||Polaron damage, melee, DrainX||tbd|
|08||Caitian||Entei||Proton damage, melee, DrainX|
|14||Caitian||Suicune||Tetryon damage, melee, DrainX||Suicune's build|
|23||Ferasan||Katouka||Tetryon damage, melee, CtrlX||tbd|
|22||Ferasan||Tenhouhei||Proton damage, melee, CtrlX||tbd|
|21||Ferasan||Touseishu||Polaron damage, melee, CtrlX||tbd|
|~ Joined Trills ~|
|38||Joined Trill||Aitlut||Starship Drain Expertise||tbd|
|36||Joined Trill||Worat||Starship Exotic Particle Generator||tbd|
|09||Joined Trill||Doliaz||Starship Control Expertise||tbd|
|37||Joined Trill||Chawfim||Starship Control Expertise||tbd|
|39||Joined Trill||Cholam||Starship Exotic Particle Generator||tbd|
|34||Joined Trill||Muramu||Starship Drain Expertise||tbd|
|~ Talaxians ~|
|~ Cardassians ~|
|~ Romulan Republic ~|
|~ Dominion ~|
|49||Jem'Hadar Vanguard||Hambu'Gre'itak||DrainX & EPG, Avoid & Shield Tank||tbd|
|52||Jem'Hadar Vanguard||Hira'Dae'Maron||Avoid & Hull Tank, CtrlX & EPG||tbd|
|~ Various and sundry ~|
- 55 characters, 2 empty character slots remaining; 57 is my maximum at this time.
- 20+3+4=28, 17+3+5=25, 2 if you count alignment strictly.
- There are 16 damage types in Star Trek Online, and I want to make sure I can cover them all in a reasonable way:
- Energy damage is a supertype that consists of 8 types: Phaser, Disruptor, Plasma, Tetryon, Polaron, Antiproton, Proton and Electrical. I have (or plan to have) one Federation, one Klingon Empire, one Romulan Republic and one Dominion character for each of these types.
- Trying to keep my factions and professions even; ideally I'll have 18 of each Eng/Sci/Tac to fill out 54 of my character slots, though if some event encourages me to create an imbalance, I'd be willing to have fewer Tacs, since there's a glut of Tactical captains in this game anyway. Right now I'd have 2 extra slots, trying to decide if they should be Eng+Sci or Tac+Tac.
- As a general rule, I focus more on Beams on Starfleet(-aligned) characters, and more on Cannons on KDF(-aligned) characters, due to dual cannon equipment restrictions. I likely wouldn't get any crafted or lockbox beams to epic on a KDF toon, for example, nor cannons on a Starfleet toon.
- For characters that focus on a specific damage type, Exotic Particle Generator is the science skill of choice, as each one generally has an ability boosted by that, and since I'm trying to maximize that damage, I go with that. Secondary to that, I focus more on Drain Expertise on Federation characters, and Control Expertise on Klingon characters. This is because Federation ships have more access to drain abilities via their extra science vessels and subsystem targeting (they'd tend to run Tyken's Rift rather than Gravity Well for example) whereas KDF ships tend to use cannons with narrow firing arcs, so they will benefit more from control abilities, especially Gravity Well.
- I want to make sure I have two Gamma Recruits, so I'd also wait for a Gamma Recruit event rerun to do the above. Other than this, I have no other plans to make Jem'Hadar characters.
- Sypek was going to be a dedicated ground character, but those are no longer a thing, and I have my Caitians and Ferasans as ground experts in particular.
- Mud was going to be my trader who bought stuff with the Ferengi EC discount, but this advantage has been largely mooted since almost nothing is purchased from EC vendors anymore, and the ones that you still can (commodities) have far fewer uses these days and drop from enemies enough that I don't need to purchase them, or I can buy them for enough of a discount from a cellship.
- Nathan was my second character and first first KDF character, designed with the idea that he'd be meta and PVP focused (as an Alien) but my plans have changed and I got to watch PVP slowly die as I played him though Legacy of Romulus. I've invested in him the most, though still very little.
- Lui is a meme character, an AoY captain that remained in the 23rd century. He's severely limited in what he can do (can't even use the bank!) so he's not of much practical use. I'll probably instead make all my meme characters (23rd century TOS and DSC, unaligned Romulan) on Xbox One.
I totally didn't make these characters just to look at the C-Store on console to update the wiki.
|~ Delta Rising & Victory is Life ~|
- Primary focus:
- Pi of Tau: Phaser damage
- Pi of tajvaj: Disruptor damage
- Pi of Tau Dewa: Plasma damage
- Pi of tajvaj Dewa: Undecided
- Secondary focus:
- Radiation damage
I made four toons during the Delta Recruitment event, to ensure I had one of each faction, and because I didn't really have any Engineering toons at the time. The names are pretty silly, but I hope you can get the references. As Tactical-focused toons, they only fly ships with 4 or 5 Tactical console slots.
I decided to "faction-code" their damage type focus, as there are a lot of Federation ships with exclusive and/or innate Phaser abilities, Klingon with Disruptor, and Romulan with Plasma. Pi of tajvaj Dewa's focus is undecided at this time, though I nevertheless play him as often as the other three. His equipment is just kinda random.
Pi of Tau
- Pi of Tau's build can be found here.
Pi of Tau's focus is on doing as much Phaser damage as possible. To that end, I try to get any set involving a Phaser weapon, boosting Phaser damage, or that has an ability that deals Phaser damage (including exotic Phaser damage), and get each piece in it to Mk XIV. For standalone Phaser weapons, if they come in Beam and Cannon varieties, I'll only try to get the beam to Epic, and leave the cannon at Mk XIV, whatever quality I happen to get it to on the way. He also secondarily specializes in Radiation damage due to the Counter-Command Multi-Conduit Energy Relay.
Pi of tajvaj
- Pi of tajvaj's build can be found here.
Pi of tajvaj's focus is on Disruptor damage, with a focus on cannons.
My Caitian and Ferasan characters were originally going to be my dedicated ground combat characters, but after the skill system revamp, I no longer had to choose between spending all my skill points in ground or space. All my characters have some ground and space equipment now, though these are the only ones with a specific secondary focus on melee, and the only ones I tentatively plan to get Mk XV Epic ground equipment for. They have a tertiary focus on doing non-standard damage types in ground combat, such as Environmental damage (Fire, Cold, Radiation, Toxic) and Kinetic, Psionic and Physical damage (hence the melee); they use a lot of summer and winter kit modules for this purpose.
As damage-focused characters, they generally only fly ships with 4 or 5 Tactical console slots, and will prioritize anything that boosts the given damage type they focus on. However, all six of them have a secondary focus on Drain Expertise. When my console slots aren't filled with damage-boosting consoles, they're filled with ones that boost those. The DrainX helps boost the effectiveness of the procs of their Polaron and Tetryon weapons. I do occasionally fly science ships with them, in which case they tend to be built as drain boats, with Suicune focusing on shield drains and Raikou focusing on power drains, though Entei would focus more on EPG in such a ship.
On the Ferasans, it's a mix of Drain and Control Expertise, for reasons stated above in the summary. Yes, I named the three Caitian toons after Pokémon. And yes, I regret it :P I almost named the three Ferasan toons after Digimon, thankfully I resisted. Can you figure out how I came up with these names?
Touseishu focuses on Polaron damage and shield drains, with the occasional power drain.
Tenhouhei focuses on Proton damage and shield drains.
Katouka focuses on Tetryon damage and power drains, with the occasional shield drain.
Since Joined Trills get a bonus to Control Expertise, Drain Expertise and Exotic Particle Generator, I decided to make six of those characters to focus on those skills and be my science mains: they fly science-focused ships, with an emphasis on anything with 5 science consoles and lots of science boff slots to get the most of those skills.
Doliaz has 4x
- Primary focus:
- Riketz and Kikinak: Antiproton damage
- Grotta and Kelmar: Chroniton projectile damage
- Koris and Yajako: Physical damage
- Secondary focus:
- Ground: Temporal Operative and other Specialist kit abilities
- Space: Exotic Particle Generator
I made three Feds during the Temporal Agent Recruitment event, and then made 3 KDF counterparts to keep my faction balance and to be analogous to my cat toons. They are all named after Jade Cocoon characters, though I made sure the names fit the naming conventions of the given species; I think these are all possible randomly generated names, in fact, with exception of Riketz. As Science-focused toons, they generally only fly ships with 4 or 5 Science console slots.
These toons have a Tactical or Science focus depending on which ship I'm flying. In a science-focused ship they will primarily focus on dealing exotic damage, Physical in particular, while in tactical-focused ships they are built to do as much of the given damage type as possible.
All six of them have a secondary focus on Exotic Particle Generators, and so when my console slots aren't filled with damage-related consoles, they're filled with that. I do occasionally fly science ships with them, in which case they tend to be built as EPG boats.
Romulan Republic characters
My RRF toons. I wanted to be sure I had one of each profession and faction and species... but then I realized you could leave them unaligned all the way to level 60! So, St'haliko and Zhinsek are my unaligned Romulan and Reman, respectively, which has been a fun challenge. I've been coasting with them, but I'll probably have them use Tetryon, Polaron, Proton, Antiproton, Kinetic, and Physical... Romulan versions of my other toons, basically. If I could change the species of a toon, I'd probably change St'haliko and Zhinsek to Alien.
Unaligned Romulan observations
- Can complete with no issues:
- Cannot complete:
- Solanae episode “A Step Between Stars”: Hail "Allies" objective gives no dialog options.
- Admiralty system functions fine (though no Fed/KDF ships in the roster!)
- Duty officer system functions but is limited:
- You can only use Romulan doffs, which are difficult and slow to acquire.
- No access to Diplomacy or Marauding schools.
- You cannot get missions from the nebula nodes in sector space.
- Fleet: Can't join them, so you can't access any of their holdings or purchase any fleet items.
- Queues: Work just fine! No access to Federation and Klingon-specific ones, of course.
- R&D: Slow going due to limited doffs. Haven't reached 15 in any school just yet.
- When reaching Tier V reputation on Omega, 8472, Delta, Iconian, Terran, Temporal, Lukari, and Competitive, all rewards are received as normal. Can also do the Terran, Temporal and Lukari transmission missions on DS9.
- Tier V Romulan and Nukara reputation rewards cannot be claimed, as New Romulus and Nukara Prime are inaccessible. You do not even receive the mission to claim the Nukara rewards!
- Tier V Dyson reputation video message missions work fine, but it does not award Nelen Exil upon completion of the final mission. All other rewards are received, however.
- Completing Tier V of any reputation allows you to create sponsorship tokens as normal.
- Miscellaneous notes:
- Outside of queues, you can only team up with other unaligned Romulans, which mainly consists of Level <10 players.
- Cannot interact with security officers on DS9, nor complete Prisoner/Tribble endeavors.
- Transwarp disabled in sector space. Traveling between quadrants requires mission transwarps. Can still access Defera, Sphere Allied Space and the Tzenkethi Battlezone manually. The bug that deposits you outside Sol when selection "Exit to Sector" after a queue is a workaround to go from Alpha to Beta.
- Can unlock Winter store, but cannot access Q's Winter Wonderland.
- During the Winter Invasion queue, you can rescue Bakemeister Cinnamon, Foreman Nutmeg and Lieutenant Gumdrop, but you cannot rescue the freezing Broken Gingerbread Man NPCs.
My Talaxians characters are my tank tanks. They all focus on survivability, generating threat, taunting, keeping high power or using batteries, Coordination Protocols, Engineering and Scientific Readiness, and Probability Manipulation. Since they'll all include a hefty amount of healing in their arsenals, they'll mostly fly Engineering-focused ships (4 or 5 Eng Consoles) with a few Science ships every now and then, including event ships perhaps. Kudos if you can recognize what I named them after.
Originally I'd planned them all to fly carriers to make use of their trait (if it even works on pets), but the price of R&D materials has nosedived, so I'm not sure I want all six of them to do that now. Now that the trait has been improved to give salvage they are a bit more useful again. Since I've decided to make them tanks, I'll occasionally use them for (probably profession-matched) carriers and single-hangar carriers when I want them to do more DPS while tanking, letting the pets do it for me.
I have not yet decided entirely what to do with my Cardassian characters.
Character idea history
To be updated or removed
My plans have changed over time:
- My original plan (pre-Legacy of Romulus) was to have it be 50-50 Fed-KDF, even if KDF got less content.
- Once LoR launched, and you could pick which faction Romulans could join, I had to adjust my plans. I could have made one Fed!Rom and one KDF!Rom for each Fed and KDF, but that would make half of my toons Romulans, which would likely end up having even less content than KDF. But I also didn't want it to be only one quarter of my toons, so I tentatively decided that Romulans would be somewhere between one third and one quarter of my toons. The realization that you could leave Romulans unaligned also put a wrench in my plans.
- Once it became apparent that they were releasing one T6 Romulan ship for every one T6 KDF ship, the situation had again changed, as RRF is essentially in forced parity with KDF, with Feds getting more content than both. But the last thing the game needs is more Feds, so I've decided to keep it as 1/3 of each for the time being.
- Regardless, my creation of Romulan toons has been slow going, and I do not plan to make more than the 8 I have now barring some recruitment event they're involved in, with 10 as an absolute max. Should they make a fourth faction, then I would aim for them both to be one sixth of my toons. 1/3 Fed, 1/3 KDF, 1/6 RRF, 1/6 whatever.