The Vorta are a humanoid species genetically engineered by the Founders of the Dominion to act as field commanders, administrators, scientists and diplomats. The Vorta see themselves as those who "serve the Founders."
According to the Dominion's Masan Research Reports, the Vorta were a race of tree-dwellers, hunted as the Changelings once were. The genetic engineering of that species into the modern Vorta were the Founders' first project and resulted, among other things, of an increase in intelligence of at least a factor of three. They were the first of many loyal subjects and were there to guide other subjects such as the Jem'Hadar.
This was believed by the Vorta, perhaps apocryphally, that this was a reward for a group of the Vorta's ancestors hidding a Changeling from an angry mob. The Changeling they saved promised that one day they would be transformed and placed at the head of a vast interstellar empire. The Founders fulfilled this promise by genetically changing the Vorta into humanoids and employing them at the highest level of the Dominion, second only to the Founders themselves.
Vorta are typically clones of early 'versions' of themselves and serve the Founders in roles of importance such as commanders and diplomats. Vorta are similar to Humans except mainly for their ears and eyes. They have long vented ears which increases their hearing ability above that of regular humanoids. Their eyes are typically poor in terms of sight, and are normally purple in colour. Vorta are commonly seen commanding squads of Jem'Hadar.
- “The Factory”: The player assaults a Ketracel White factory in the Devos System and meets Neman, a Vorta scientist there. Neman explains that Laas has gathered up the remaining Founders that had been sent to the Alpha Quadrant and deceived them into believing that the Great Link had been destroyed and that the "solids" were bent on exterminating the remaining Changelings. He agrees to help the player in exposing Laas' deception, on the condition that the player does not kill or capture him.
- “The New Link”: Neman discovers Laas and the other Alpha Quadrant Founders are on Orias III and accompanies the player to explain to the Founders that Laas has misled them. After the player defeats Laas, Neman opts to remain on the planet and serve the Founders there.
- “Second Wave”: The Vorta Loriss represents the Dominion forces which were lost in the Bajoran Wormhole in 2374 and reemerge during the mission.
- “Of Bajor”: Captain James Kurland and the player hail Loriss from Bajor and attempt to convince her that the Dominion War is over and to relinquish control of Deep Space 9.
- “Operation Gamma”: The player must bypass the Jem'Hadar blockade to enter the Gamma Quadrant and make contact with the Vorta Weyoun.
- “Facility 4028”: Weyoun accompanies the player to Facility 4028 to retrieve the Female Changeling being held there.
- “Boldly They Rode”: Weyoun accompanies the player to DS9 to negotiate the return of the station to the Federation. Loriss immediately complies when she sees the Founder, but her Jem'Hadar soldiers rebel against her. After the player defeats the Jem'Hadar, Loriss expresses her gratitude for the player's efforts.
- “Butterfly”: In a holodeck simulation of changes to the timeline resulting from the use of the Krenim temporal weapon, the player finds themselves on the bridge of a crippled U.S.S. Ajax in the midst of a Dominion invasion of the Sol System, a female Vorta commanding a Jem'Hadar warship demanding that the crew of the Ajax surrender.
- “Time and Tide”: A male Vorta serves as the Dominion representative sent to oversee the signing of the Temporal Accords in the 28th Century. He explains that while the Dominion hasn't been greatly affected by the development of time travel, the Founders are still keen to make sure that it isn't misused to potentially threaten them.
- “Scylla and Charybdis”: A clone of Loriss, Loriss 4, leads a Jem'Hadar fleet into battle against Hur'q forces attacking Bajor. She then speaks to the player after the battle and informs them that Odo wishes to speak with the Alliance's leaders.
- “Storm Clouds Gather”: Weyoun accompanies Odo to DS9 as part of the Dominion delegation for a summit to discuss the Hur'q threat.
- “The Search”: Weyoun and Loriss are present aboard Odo's Flagship when Elim Garak, Captain Kira Nerys, and the player confront Odo about Dominion devices discovered on Karemma and Bajor. The player later eavesdrops on an argument between Loriss and Weyoun, with Weyoun chastising the player for interrupting a private conversation.
- “Doomed to Repeat”: Weyoun arrives at an ancient Dominion facility, killing a Hur'q as it was attempting to communicate with Odo.
- “Tenebris Torquent”: Weyoun and Loriss accompany the Female Changeling to Havas-Kul, and witness the Founder's death. Weyoun then blames Odo and attempts to have him and the player's group killed, but is stopped by Dukan'Rex.
- “Home”: Loriss accompanies the player and Dr. Julian Bashir aboard a Hur'q dreadnought to attempt to deliver a cure for the Hur'q madness; their attempts are disrupted when Weyoun destroys the cure samples, Weyoun in turn being killed by Dukan'Rex. Loriss returns to Deep Space 9 and attends the end-of-conflict party, where she shares a vision she experienced from the Prophets via the Orb of Peace. She informs the player, and with the blessings of Founder Odo, that she is assigned to the Alpha Quadrant as a diplomat.
- Vorta at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek Wiki.
- Vorta at Memory Beta, the non-canon Star Trek Wiki.
- Star Trek Online Character Creation video at YouTube.
True Way Alliance
|Details||True Way Alliance • Cardassian • Alpha Jem'Hadar • Vorta • Changeling • Devos System • New Link • Orias III|
|Ground Forces||Gil • Glinn • Jem'Hadar Soldier • Gul • Jem'Hadar Veteran • Interrogator • Jem'Hadar Elder • Legate • Assault Legate • Founder|
|Starships||Hideki Class • Jem'Hadar Attack Ship (Mob) • Galor Class • Jem'Hadar Heavy Escort • Keldon Class • Jem'Hadar Battleship • Jem'Hadar Dreadnought|
|NPCs||Haneri • Kardek • Laas • Lamat'Ukan • Madred • Makkan • Mutak • Neman|
|NPC starships||Axon • Grenivok • Kriger • Torhne|